Eclipse Media Group is a small but fast growing technology focused PR agency based in Portland, Maine. We specialize in providing B2B media relations for companies in the physical security and technology industries. Our clients span the world and have included large global corporations to small venture capital led start-ups. We work closely with our clients to achieve their PR and marketing goals with an emphasis on content creation to amplify their story and help them build brand and business recognition.
We are looking for an energetic, eager-to-learn individual who is also a self starter. Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines without reminders and think ahead to identify and secure the next editorial opportunity for our clients and anticipate next steps in client projects. A successful candidate will be a creative and enthusiastic contributor to the overall team and work well within the Eclipse Media Group culture.
- The job includes working closely with agency principals, employees and clients on all areas of account work: client and media relations, media plan development, press release and article writing, media research.
- The PR Associate will provide social media account support for clients and for Eclipse’s blog and social channels, in concert with other members of the Eclipse Media Group team. This includes writing social media content, developing blogs and reporting social media metrics.
- The PR Associate will provide support to the Eclipse Media Group team in all aspects of client management, including pursuing byline article placement and interviews, managing the process from interviews to writing articles, copy revisions with clients and submission of the final products.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Monthly media tracking, reporting and social media metric compilation of client results
- Management of client database, including editorial calendars
- Provide onsite representation to clients at select trade shows to manage media briefings and interviews
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of prior publishing, marketing and communications experience and a college degree. Please be prepared to share samples of your work and metrics.
Strong writing skills are a must. We are looking for an individual who thrives on multitasking and chasing media opportunities for our clients.
Skills / Software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Social Media (LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- AP Style
- Generous Paid Vacation
- 5 Sick Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Simple Plan & Matching Company Contribution
- Family Medical Leave
- Military Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Company Social Events
- Paid Parking in Portland
- Professional Development
Competitive salary, vacation and sick time. This position is located in our office in Portland, MAINE.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online here.